Be Mine Valentine! 10 Heart Filled Ways to Pamper Your Horse
Posted by Gabby Gufler on Fri, Feb 14, 2014 @ 08:59 AM (http://info.mannapro.com/mannaproanimalcareblog/bid/156830/be-mine-valentine-10-heart-filled-ways-to-pamper-your-horse?source=Blog_Email_[Be%20Mine%20Valentine%21%201])
Is your heart warmed by the sound of your horses' nickers and the sweet smell of hay in the morning? Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate the love we have for those special equines that have added value to our lives. Check out these tips to pamper your horse this Valentine's Day!
- Equine Massage Therapy: Equine Massage Therapy has become a popular preventative and remedial therapy for equine athletes. Massage Therapy can help release tension within muscles, improve circulation, stimulate the nervous system, and help aid in digestion. Click here to learn more about Massage Therapy.
- Groom Your Horse: Grooming is a relaxing activity that most horses love, and it is a perfect way to bond with your horse. If possible, it is best to groom your horse at least once a day, and after each ride.
- Teach Your Horse a Trick: Teaching your horse a trick is not only fun, but a great way to bond with your horse! Click here to learn how to teach your horse to give you a hug.
- Give Your Horse a Compatible Companion: Companionship soothes a lonely heart, and social isolation can actually be a disturbing experience for a horse. When horses groom each other, studies have found that it lowers their heart rates, indicating the activity has a relaxing, calming effect.
- Turn Out Time: When allowed to control their own environment, most horses opt our of stall life and instead enjoy spending the majority of their time outdoors with friends. If weather and time allows, turn your horse out as much as possible.
- Grazing Time: No surprises here! Both wild and pastured horses spend 40-60 percent of their time partaking in this activity. If the opportunity arises to allow your horse to graze, even if it is only for a short while, they will be forever grateful!
- Take Your Horse for a Walk: Wild and pastured horses rarely trot or canter unless startled. Take your horse for a stroll through the pasture from time to time.
- Take Your Horse for a Pleasure Ride: Break up your daily routine and bond with your horse by taking a pleasure ride! Although arena work is necessary, there is nothing like taking a stroll in the pasture when weather allows. Pleasure rides are a great time to safely introduce your horse to new sceneries and obstacles.
- Provide Your Horse with A Comfy Bed: Did you know, soft bedding is preferred over a bare surface, and straw is often a favorite over wood shavings? Make your horse's stall nice and fluffy this Valentine's day!
- Reward Your Horse With Treats! Reward your horse this Valentines Day with our fun heart shaped Senior Snax. These wholesome treats for horses are formulated with a natural source of Glucosamine, Biotin, and Flaxseed for a vibrant coat. Don't have a senior horse? Then treat your horse with the most popular treat in America, Manna Pro Apple Wafers! Our new, small Wafer size is ideal for training or rewarding as it conveniently fits in your pocket.
Want to treat your horse with a delicious Manna Pro horse treat?